Wednesday 1 February 2012

Dusty Reads #2

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted at .Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on my home shelf for some time. This meme will be posted here on Thursday.


My pick this week

The Kite Runner



Author: Khaled Hosseini
Published Date: 2004
Publisher: Bloomsbury

Goodreads Synopsis:

The Kite Runner of Khaled Hosseini's deeply moving fiction debut is an illiterate Afghan boy with an uncanny instinct for predicting exactly where a downed kite will land. Growing up in the city of Kabul in the early 1970s, Hassan was narrator Amir's closest friend even though the loyal 11-year-old with "a face like a Chinese doll" was the son of Amir's father's servant and a member of Afghanistan's despised Hazara minority. But in 1975, on the day of Kabul's annual kite-fighting tournament, something unspeakable happened between the two boys.

My Thoughts:

Dusty?  Yeah very, I bought this book a year ago.  And I have heard so much good things about this book..but, can't drag myself to start reading that book.  Maybe, one day after reading this book, I will kick myself for not reading it sooner. ;-)

Do you have such kicking yourself experience, because for some strange reason, you have waited to pick a particular book for so long? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...