Saturday 3 March 2012

Interview with Mimi Jean Pamfiloff: Author of "Accidentally In Love With...A God?"


Today, we have an amazing author with us - Mimi Jean Pamfiloff.  I enjoyed this interview with her and I hope you would enjoy it too.  Thank you Mimi for being so patient with the questions. :)

You could contact the author here: Website | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook | Email


Is there an inspiration behind why you chose writing?

YES. But I’m too embarrassed to ever tell anyone!  

(Okay, I read Twilight…Shhhh.  Yes, at heart, I’m a 14 year old girl, but with a much dirtier imagination.  After that, I started both reading and writing Paranormal Romance.  Turns out, I’m really good at reading! Who knew?)

Give us a glimpse into a typical day in your day starting when you wake up till you lie down again.

I could do that, but your readers would fall asleep.  (‘Cause my day is looooong!)   Let’s just say, I have a full-time career, two wonderfully active kids, a busy husband, and then I write….AND still love to read. Bottom line, sleep is for the weak!  Coffee is my BFF.

Finish the sentence- one book I wish I had written is....

That HORRIBLE English text book I had in college.   Why?  Because, if I’d written it, it might have been funny, definitely steamy, and it may have avoided the atrocious aversion to English I developed.  I am over it now (after years of therapy); however, I ended up studying Spanish instead.  I have had a lot of catching up to do on grammar and punctuation.  ¿Sí?
  
What are your current literary works?  Any sneak peaks?

Ooooh. Yes! (I’m jumping up and down, clapping.) Book #2, ACCIDENTALLY MARRIED TO….A VAMPIRE? is publishing this weekend!  I’ve got book #3, SUN GOD SEEKS…SURROGATE? about 25% done. I plan to release it later this year.  Those are my only books so far.

If you could invite any 5 people to dinner who would you choose?

Easy!  My mom, my husband, my aunt, and my two kids.  I REALLY miss spending more time with them. If you’re talking just hypothetical: Gene Showalter, Kresley Cole, Karen Moning, Diana Gabaldon, AND…my Mom! (So we could all talk about leather pants and alpha males.)  I’d have Eckert Tolle waiting in the wings in case someone didn’t show.

Is there a song you could list as the theme song for your book or any of your characters?

What a cool question!   I have NO idea.  Hmmm.

-          For ACCIDENTALLY IN LOVE WITH…A GOD? It would probably be Stereo Hearts, by Gym Class Heroes.  Here’s an excerpt:
My heart's a stereo
It beats for you, so listen close
Hear my thoughts in every note
Make me your radio
Turn me up when you feel low
This melody was meant for you
Just sing along to my stereo


I only pray you'll never leave me behind (never leave me)
Because good music can be so hard to find (so hard to find)
I take your head and hold it closer to mine (yeah)
Thought love was dead, but now you're changing (yeah) my mind (come on whoa)


Emma is the only person on the planet who can hear Guy.  At first, this drives her bonkers, but ultimately, the connection they forge is what saves them, completes them.  It just takes them a while to figure it out.

What TV show/movie/book do you watch/read that you'd be embarrassed to admit?

Book= See question #1 (Shhh.)
Movie= I’ve watched Pride and Prejudice (Yes, both the Keira Knightly and Colin Firth versions) a gazillion times.
Shows= I proudly watch Vampire Diaries, True Blood (I’m a huge Charlaine Harris fan), and Downton Abby.

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.

Receiving those AWESOME emails from strangers telling me that I made them laugh.

What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

Never, ever write to make someone else happy!  Write what you love, because you love doing it.  Hopefully, your work will find its home with the right readers.

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?

I don’t want to sound like a narcissist, but I would jump into my book. Only because the characters have been such a huge part of my life (in my head), and it would be cool to see them alive. On second thought, they might yell at me for making their lives so difficult. 

I changed my mind.  I’ll go with any of Karen Moning’s Fae Fever books.  I’d kill to meet Jericho Barrons.

If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?

I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead

What is your favorite scene in the book and why do you love it?

My favorite scene is when Emma finally meets Guy face to face (one of the excerpts).  It’s a huge turning point in the story and for the characters. 

When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?

A veterinarian.

In your wildest dreams, which author would you love to co-author a book with?

Funny enough, I wouldn’t really want to do that.  I write because I love it. It’s my selfish indulgence, and I don’t want to share…Mine, mine, mine.

If you could have any superpower what would you choose?

Being invisible.  Sometimes I want to hide and curl up with a good book.  

QUICK ANSWERS

Favorite place?
Bacalar, Mexico

Best christmas present?
My Nook

Favorite book?
Don’t have just one! Try 50!

Favorite author?
Ditto! I couldn’t pick just one

Favorite smell?
Garlic and butter…followed by fresh French bread

Favorite series?
Fae Fever- Karen Moning

Nickname?
Momomomomom (at least that’s what my kids call me)

Favorite writing spot?
My backyard

Favorite movie?
Pride and Prejudice

Favorite dish?
Don’t have one. Try 100! I love food.

Favorite color?
Red

Favorite quote?
Excuses are like backsides. Everyone has one, and they all stink!

Favorite flavor of ice cream?
Not a flavor, but I love Drumsticks. Can you beat that chocolate hiding inside the tip of the cone?

Your best trait?
I’m impatient

Your worst trait?
I’m really impatient

6 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for hosting me! What a fun interview!! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't agree more, Mimi..it was great fun. And the pleasure is mine to have you in my blog.

      Delete
  2. What a fun interview to read! Now I must go check the book;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book is honestly laugh out loud funny. The characters are well developed and the romance is steamy... what more do you need? Maybe I should complain about the mentioning of Were-Smurfs because I couldn't stop laughing for the next half hour but I survived. I also loved that the funny quirks are totally out of the blue and never forced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Easti! I am really happy that you enjoyed! :)

      Delete
  4. I read the synopsis of the book and thought, well... this might be interesting. That was an understatement. From the time I opened it up, I simply couldn't put it down. The romance was a great part, yes, but the suspense and story line were spectacular! I am going to read everything she writes. I love her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...