Thursday 28 June 2012

Book Feature & Interview: The Earth Painter by Melissa Lee

Original Title: The Earth Painter
Author: Melissa Turner Lee
Publisher: Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing
Release Date: April 24th, 2012
Genre: Paranormal, Young-adult



The Sculptor was alone. The world was gray, as it always had been. And then the Sculptor said, “It is time…
Time for color,
Time for more,
The beginning.”
With a word, three sculptures became aware. And they needed to paint.
There was Ocean, Sky, Land, and Life all painted into place.
Then it ended, just as quickly as it started. Then the painters were no longer needed.
But they were still…AWARE.
And it was in this awareness that the battle began. And continues.
When a self-conscious young woman discovers the boy in drama class is actually the immortal who painted the world into being, she becomes the target of another painter who could shatter not only her new sense of hope, but her world, as well.


INTERVIEW WITH MELISSA TURNER LEE



Is there an inspiration behind why you chose writing?

I write because there is nothing else I could do. I’ve had every job out there and hated them all. My family even uses jobs I’ve had as a category for charades.

When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"? 

First I wanted to be a singer, then an actress but always a writer. The thought of an office job always made me cringe.

What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

Books: Clockwork Princess Movie: Breaking Dawn 2

What are your current literary works? 

Finishing up The Man Painter, sequel to The Earth Painter due out November 2012

If you could invite any 5 people to dinner who would you choose?

C.S. Lewis and his wife Joy, because I find their love story so interesting. My husband always, J  because he is my most favorite person in the world.  Leonard Nimoy, because I had a huge crush on Mr. Spock as a child. David Tennant and Matt Smith, because I love them both as the Doctor on Doctor Who.



Which authors have influence on you most.. how?

Stephenie Meyer. I don’t think my writing style is like hers but she created the genre of Paranormal Romance that I always wanted to write but never existed until now. Reading Twilight reminded me that I was still that girl who dreamed of writing and not just a mom buried under diapers and laundry. And the fact that she was a mom of 3 little boys and I was a mom of 3 little boys made me realize I could go after my dream too.

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.  

The Earth Painter is an original Paranormal Romance with no vampires, werewolves, or angels.

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.

Getting messages from women in love with Theo, a guy who lives in my head.

What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

Study the craft and write, write, write.

If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?

I don’t know. There are too many.

If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?

How to do Everything in Reverse

What is your favorite scene in the book and why do you love it?

When Theo and Holly paint together. Even my bad review said it was magical to read.

What TV show/movie/book do you watch/read that you'd be embarrassed to admit?

I don’t really read or watch the embarrassing stuff.

What is one book everyone should read?

Guardian by Gillian Joy

One food you would never eat?

Brains

QUICK ANSWERS

Favorite place?
Charleston, South Carolina


Best christmas present?
Baby Jesus

Favorite book?
Gone With The Wind

Favorite author?
Jane Austen

Favorite smell?
My Husband

Favorite series?
Twilight b/c it changed my life

Favorite writing spot?
On my back porch

Favorite movie?
Pride and Prejudice the A&E one with yummy Colin Firth

Favorite dish?
Thai Coconut Curry spice level 8-9

Favorite color?
Pink

Favorite quote?
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” C.S. Lewis

A bunch of small gifts or one big expensive one?
I have more fun giving the gifts than getting them.

Your best trait?
My imagination

Your worst trait?
I can be selfish at times.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...