Sunday 7 April 2013

5 STAR ARC Review : Pretty When They Collide (Pretty When She Dies 0.5) by Rhinnon Frater

Although I have been following Rhiannon Frater's literary works for months now, but this is the first opportunity I got to read her book and after reading this, I am definitely NOT going to stop it at this. 


Series: Pretty When She Dies 0.5
Author: Rhiannon Frater
Release Date: March 13th 2013
Source: Review copy from the author
Genre: Paranormal

An exciting new novella set in the world of Pretty When She Dies...

Cassandra is a dhamphir-the offspring of a vampire and mortal woman-and a thief of occult relics.

Aimee is a full-blood witch that is bound to a powerful vampire who traffics in the slavery of supernatural beings.

Both are powerful, lonely, and trapped in the dangerous world of the vampires.

When Cassandra steals a relic from Aimee’s vampire master, he targets her as his next acquisition. What he doesn’t realize is that a chance encounter between Cassandra and Aimee ignited a spark between them that they cannot deny.

To survive, the women must find a way to band together and fight against the ruthless evil that conspires to enslave them forever.

REVIEW

Cassandra is a dhamphir - vampire father and human mother - who works as a thief stealing important relics using her powers.  Killing vampires on the go, is just another advantage of her work.  During one such jobs, she comes in contact (accidental bump) with a very rare full-blooded witch and immediately magic flows between the two, along with the desire.  Cass doesn't know that that her current job - the relic that she stole belongs to this witch's vampire master, Frank.

Aimee is a full-blooded witch, who is enslaved by the blood bond of a vampire, Frank.  Aimee can't work against Frank because of their bond, even though she is much more powerful than him.  When she accidentally collides with a beautiful woman, she knows that she is a dhamphir.  And her blood can break the bond between Frank and her.  But that is not the only reason Aimee wants to see that woman  again.  She felt some hot desire that she never felt before when she touched her.  So, when Frank plans to capture Cassandra, Aimee contacts her in dream and asks her to come, explaining the situation.

Is Aimee's request enough for Cass to risk her own life?  Even if Cass helps by going into a trap knowingly, will Aimee get rid of her vampire 'monster' master, who is also planning to collect Cass to add to his possessions?

As I said before, this is my first Rhiannon's novel, although I was trying to read her books like months ago.  I have even bought her books and kept.  But, as always my life has been very busy lately and now, I found my reading time somehow.

The two main characters, Cass and Aimee, will entrance the readers to never stop reading.  Their attitude and powers made me want to learn more about them.  I think I have to start reading other books soon.  Frank is just pure evil.  I just hate that guy for the way he behaved towards Aimee.  Rhiannon has created the villain more horrible that we would want to hurt him ourselves.  That's a real success to a character.

About the writing, the flow is smooth, the pace is fast and the narration is awesome!  One would be happy for Aimee, enjoy the toughness in Cassandra and feel the need to kick Frank.  The action scenes were brought out so well, that I was clutching my Kindle so hard and reading with my face so near to the Kindle, as if I am going to miss something if I keep my Kindle in some distance from my eyes.


Favorite character:  Cass' mother.  With her forgetfulness and love towards Cass, she made me feel the love that she felt in me too.  Such characters are very hard NOT to love.

Favorite scene:  The action scene in the climax scene.  Excellent narration!

This book is an action-filled short novella from "Pretty when she Dies" series, but it can be read as a standalone.

Recommended for fans of fantasy and paranormal romance readers!


SERIES ORDER 


0.5 - Pretty When They Collide
1 - Pretty When She Dies
2 - Pretty When She Kills
3 - Pretty When She Destroys


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...