Thursday 12 December 2013

Review: Third Lie's the Charm by by Lisa Roecker, Laura Roecker

If the author has written a full-on mystery, this would be a hit!


Original Title: Third Lie's the Charm
Series: The Liar Society #3
Author: Lisa & Laura Roecker
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: December 3rd, 2013
Source: Review copy from the publisher
Genre: Mystery

Kate is studying in Pemberly Broke school, with her best friend Grace.  When Grace dies (in the previous books), Kate thinks this has something to do with the secret societies at her school, the Sisterhood and Brotherhood.  After Kate destroys the Brotherhood in the second book, this novel comes in.  Kate infiltrates the Sisterhood and tried to get revenge for Grace's death.  But, there are a series of events unleashed - students dying one by one and mysterious notes appearing to Kate from Grace's diary.  In addition to this, she pushes away her boyfriend and hangs around with her crush, Bradley.  The mystery follows Kate everywhere she goes.  When she unravels one, two more gets started.  And Kate is on it.

Before reviewing this, first let me tell you I have not read the first two books and I can pretty much understand what's happening.  So, I am not sure about the second book, but the third and final installment to the Liar society series can be read directly if you get hold of it.  But, I suggest you start from the beginning, because I suppose there is a lot of fun in the beginning stages of the novel.

This was a page turner and the mystery part was great.  Every time I think Kate will get hold of something, things gets even more messy.  I loved all the guys in this - Liam, Bradley and Seth.  Each have different personalities and different level of interest on Kate.  Well done on that part, because I can't give up on any of these guys.

While I am excited to read the thriller part of the novel, I am no way a fan of Kate in the romance department.  She seemed very selfish in that area.  And Kate's dialogues are repetitive.  I had to skip those parts to get to the main dialogue.  It's distracting and annoying to see repeats.

The climax dealt everything well.

Recommended for mystery lovers!

3.5 STARS!

Musings:  If you are going to guess this novel based on the title and the cover, please stop now.  I know Kate colors her hair according to her mood and she wears Grace's pearls.  I guess her looking the other way says that she pushes everyone away from her.  Okay, I suppose the cover makes sense now.  But the title - no, can't relate.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...